linux rescue toolkit (WAS:Re: [techtalk] RedHat, glibc and your , friend sash.)

curious curious at curious.org
Tue Sep 12 06:57:34 EST 2000

Btw since you mentioned sash I figured I'd mention some other "must haves"
in terms of rescue operations:
1.tomsrtbt:http://www.toms.net/rb/ (tom's rescue disk)
2.a dos boot disk with fdisk so you can /mbr when the master boot rec goes
foobar
3.http://www.linuxcare.com/bootable_cd/index.epl (linuxcare's bootable
rescue "business card sized" CD) note: you can burn this onto a regular
CDR and it will work fine (now that RSA is free maybe they'll include ssh
in thier bootable cd)

These have been WONDERFUL saviors and demonstration devices to show what
physical security realy means (tomsrtbt includes ntfs read module :) )

What are your thoughts? anyother must haves?

 \ /   ASCII Ribbon Campaign      curious at curious.org
  X   - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail     http://www.curious.org/
 / \  - NO Word docs in e-mail    "This quote is false." -anon