[techtalk] Debian, Apache, PHP and MySQL

ultra violet uv at clubkidz.org
Fri Sep 8 10:18:03 EST 2000

This is a common task for anyone interested in opensource webdev.

I have had to do, and redo this well over a hundred times (cuse I forgot
to compile in --var-tracking, or some other such nonsence:)

anyways, depending on how you want to setthings up. (php compiled
statically, or as a DSO (object))
I was going to cut n paste straight from the help files
but I'm sure you allready have them.

basically you just have to compile php first, then mysql or apache second.

after everything is compiled and installed, to install mysql:

mysql_install_db (as super user)
and that sets up your initial msyql DB.

for more specifics with seting up php/mysql/apache together
check the INSTALL file in the php-src directory. It will go
over the static and DSO/object methods of installing php.

-chuck