[techtalk] Modem

Angela Nash Chick at the-nashes.net
Thu Sep 7 17:10:56 EST 2000

Just because /dev/modem points to /dev/ttyS1, doesn't mean it's really on
ttyS1.  It just means someone/something made a link.  Find out the chipset
on the modem.  Lucent winmodems are supported under Linux.  I'm using one in
my notebook with the "linmodem" driver.  PCtel, another bit winmodem chipset
maker, just announced they were going to do Linux drivers.

Jason