[techtalk] Sound Alerts

Olivier Tharan olive at minet.net
Tue Sep 5 09:21:40 EST 2000

Le 04 septembre 2000, Subba Rao écrivait :
> One of our key systems has been configured to create a sound for an alert
> on the system. We have setup several alerts on this system. The sound driver
> used on this system is from OSS. Now, what happens when multiple alerts are
> set off at the same time? Do the alerts get queued to the driver?

You should take a look at ESD, the Enlightened Sound Daemon, used by the
Gnome project. It is network-aware, and able to queue several sound
requests so as to play them in order.

	http://www.tux.org/~ricdude/EsounD.html

olive
--
Now I know the truth - it is not NT that is a plot by disk vendors to
sell disks. It is LaTeX. (Alan Cox)