[techtalk] installing RAID controller on existing RedHat 6.2 system

Mary E. Mulderrig mulderig at speakeasy.org
Tue Nov 21 14:15:54 EST 2000

Hi Naomi

I thought you might find the following helpful

http://www.redhat.com/support/manuals/RHL-6.2-Manual/ref-guide/ch-raid.html

I have experienced major problems getting RHAT to recognize the very same
controller that you are using. Finally in the interest of saving the remaining
hair that I have left I put the controller into a server running Mandrake 7.0
and voila everything was fine.

As an aside in my humble opinion it is considerably easier setting up your
RAID array under Mandrake. You'll see that RHAT has done a nice job with the
documentation however no matter what I did it would not work.

All the best...and good luck

-Mary