[techtalk] can't compile ncurses blue.c

ktb x.y.f at home.com
Wed Nov 15 00:00:46 EST 2000

Marisa Mack wrote:

> it seems like maybe you are missing a link...
>
> /usr/include/asm should be a link to /usr/src/linux/include/asm
>
> which will then link to asm-(arch) in the same dir. you can check
> the links by doing an "ls -l" of /usr/include/asm. you shouldn't
> have to move any of the include files into the dir you are compiling
> from, as they should always be checking /usr/include for them.
>
> /usr/include/bits/sigcontext.h merely includes asm/sigcontext.h...
> which means it's looking for /usr/include/asm/sigcontext.h thus
> the issue with the link mentioned above.
>
> i hope this helps, i sometimes have a hard time putting thoughts
> into text :) let me know if it's not this, we'll try something
> else, perhaps random blind guesses as to what it might be :) those
> are always fun :)

Well that did the trick:)  /usr/include/asm didn't exist so I made
it a link to /usr/src/linux/include/asm which was a link to asm-i386
just as you said.  Now I just have to wade through all the buggy
"test code" that comes with ncurses.  I've tried about 5 different
source files.  You'd think they would send out stuff that works.
Anyway thanks for your help:)  I'm just starting out learning "C" so
this is quite an adventure:)
kent