[techtalk] phpwiki...

eito at cs.pdx.edu eito at cs.pdx.edu
Sat Nov 4 02:21:20 EST 2000

On Sat, Nov 04, 2000 at 08:37:56AM +0100, betka wrote:
> i have unsuccessfully attempted to get this up and running..
> advertised itself as being straight out of the box will amaze u kind of
> thing..
> i do not host my own domain..am being hosted on a friends server
> so i am not installing this straight off the root..is that why it is so
> unhappy???
> edit'd the config to point it to the right db/user/passwd
> checked and the php on the server is the right version along with  mysql
>
> anyone else gotten this to go id appreciate info on what exactly it
> wants from me (how many pints of blood i must bleed) or alternatively a
> better program to try

Hi,

I tried and got running with Apache,PHP4, and Postgres.

I wonder:

  o What error message did you see when you pointed your browser
    to your phpwiki?
  o How about webserver's and mysql's logs?
  o Did you run schema.mysql? (It is under schema directory.)
  o Is .php file associated to be handled by php?

Check INSTALL and INSTALL.mysql files again. I think that it is
quite straight forward if you carefully follow them step by step.

HTH,

:eito