[techtalk] Re: OpenBSD vs. Debian 2.2

Tricia Bowen tbowen at capitalthinking.com
Thu Nov 2 11:22:22 EST 2000

So far, I've used Caldera's OpenLinux, RedHat's Linux 6.2, and FreeBSD
4.0. As far as unix commands go, they're all roughly the
same. Installations are different. FreeBSD is better for networking and
security.  Linux is nicer for development. I've had trouble compiling
some java programs on FreeBSD which compiles on Linux with no problems.
-Tricia