[techtalk] Removing spaces form Windows File names

karina.hould at autodesk.com karina.hould at autodesk.com
Wed May 31 13:08:49 EST 2000

Hello all,

I have just installed Linux for the 20 millionth time and all seems to be
working well... a subtle user error on my part..

I would like to know if you can help me get my files and Directories to be
read properly,

I know of the

mv "file name" filename command

However it is rather long.... is there another command I can run that will
remove the spaces in file names all through the drives?
Is there a file I can create that will do this?
I am not a programmer, so I have limited knowledge in creating files but I
can sure try...

Any help you could provide would be amazing.

thanks

Karina