[techtalk] Screen problems in Xwindows

glen grice at rocketmail.com
Tue May 23 10:35:34 EST 2000

I am in the midst of trying to get my first system working. Unfortually it
is on a Toshiba Laptop which has issues with Redhat 6.0. I have been
fixing problems with help from the Laptop pages, and mostly I seem to be
working my way though, but the one thing I am lost on is my screen in
Xwindows. There are three screens, overlaping verically, and missing the
right 80% of the screen. I have tried Xconfigurator (which is what gives
me the overlap), and I have tried to use custom made XF86Config files from
the laptop pages (which gives me errors and causes Xwindows to start and
then stop right away). Any suggestions? Is this video card or screen related?