[techtalk] Helpful security program

moebius at ip-solutions.net moebius at ip-solutions.net
Mon May 22 22:55:09 EST 2000

Hey Melissa,
  Thanks for the post, it's good to see others reviews. Bastille is a
great program and now that it has support for rerunning it and also
rollback prior to changes that bastille made I like it even more. Here is
a e-book that may be of interest to you, since you seem to be using RH6.x.
It's more of a step by step, but hopefully it'll provide some insight as
to what bastille acutally does, that is if this would interest you. Before
they added proper logging it was a pain to figure out what had been done.
Anyhow here you go -> http://pages.infinit.net/lotus1/
One warning, it's huge. I took it to Kinko to get bound after printing it
and had to seperate into two halves. It has really helped me understand
security and make me feel a little more confident about tightening things
down.
Regards,

Harry Hoffman
Manager - Information Technology