[techtalk] Oracle 8i on Linux - any lurking DBAs?

Fatoric, Patricia FATORIP at tc.gc.ca
Fri May 19 11:28:51 EST 2000

Hi Saska,

I created a table based on your description here on Oracle 8i (on NT).  I
ran your insert statement and had no problem updating the table.

I'm also very confused at the error message.  The documentation says you get
this error as a result of a SELECT statement not an INSERT statement (which
makes sense - you're not looking for anything when you insert data).

ORA-01403 no data found

Cause: In a host language program, all records have been fetched. The return
code from the fetch was +4, indicating that all records have been returned
from the SQL query.

Action: Terminate processing for the SELECT statement.

There has to be something else going on.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Pat