[techtalk] laptops

Caitlyn Máire Maritn caitlyn at netferrets.net
Mon May 15 17:23:37 EST 2000

Hi, Helena, and everyone else,

Another good choice with Linux is the IBM Thinkpad 600E, which is certified
to run with Linux by IBM.  Everything should work, and a number of companies
are selling them with Red Hat Linux preinstalled.  We use them here at work
(though not with *nix), and they are extremely reliable.

I've seen ads claiming the Thinkpad 1440 (I series) is also Linux
compatible, but I haven't seen an IBM certification for it so I'm not sure
that there isn't a Win-something in it.  I also haven't seen it offered
preinstalled with Linux yet.

I hope this helps.

All the best,
Caity