[techtalk] Newbie Install Problem

Jamie jamie at telalink.net
Sat May 13 16:46:44 EST 2000

Hi!
I'm trying to install Red Hat 6.1 on my Dell computer. I already have Win98
and had an extra partiton just sitting there that I thought would be
perfect for Linux.  Its about 2gigs in size.  When I get to Disk Druid and
try to partion the root directory, I get an error that says Boot Partiton
is too big.  I was able to partition /var and /usr and all that other good
stuff.

I did some research trying to find out on my own what to do.  I did find
something that said Linux wasn't reading my hard drive right and I would
have to pass the kernel the geometry of my hard drive(?!?!)  That's way
beyond my realm of knowledge.  Is there another way to do it?  If there
isn't, can someone explain to me exactly how that would be done?  Please?

Thanks,
Jamie  :)
Jamie Snyder
Technical Support