[techtalk] 1st Linux install

Clair Mooza csmooza at wa.freei.net
Sun May 7 10:11:23 EST 2000

Hi, I am very  new to this message board and also to Linux.  What a great
find this site and these message boards are!!  I have used Linux (Slackware
and HP) a little bit at school, but not yet at home.  I want to install
Linux on my computer at home (Red Hat 5.2), but don't really know the best
way to do it.  I have four partitions on my hard drive.  Three of them are
2.0 GB and the other is just a really small 8-10MB or something equally as
useless.  I have Windows 98 OS on the first partition, applications for 98
on the second partition, and NT server 4.0 on third partition (which I am
eager to get rid of!).  What would be the best way to get this install
going?  I was thinking Partition Magic and then formatting the third
partition to a Linux file system might be a good way, any other ideas?  If
Partition Magic would be good, what next?  No advice would be insulting!
Okay, well maybe to turn on/off computer...  : )  Thank you very much in
advance.

-Clair

"When you have insomnia, you're never really asleep and you're never really
awake."