[techtalk] Cable modem compatibility

Andre Pang andrep-ml at vjolnir.org
Fri May 5 13:07:25 EST 2000

On Fri, May 05, 2000 at 02:03:26AM +0000, jenn at simegen.com wrote:

> Our cable company is starting to offer cable-connection to the net in
> our area. Does anyone know if a Nortel CM 100 cable-modem is compatible
> with Linux?
>
> Do any Aussies have experience with Optus' cable connections to the net?

    yes, the CM 100 just has a normal RJ-45 connector so you can hook it up
to any Linux-compatible NIC.  the authentication to the network is done
using DHCP via the hostname parameter.  (ie: dhcpcd -h your_hostname).

    e-mail me back if you want any more help.

--
: Andre Pang <andrep at vjolnir.org>  -  #ozone  -  ph# 0411.882299 :
:              ...[ = trust in love to save = ]...               :