[techtalk] mp3 car player & cd changer unilink cabling

Ian Hall-Beyer manuka at nerdherd.net
Mon May 1 09:55:26 EST 2000

On Sun, 30 Apr 2000, TeknoDragon wrote:

> 	ethernet
> 		probably the simplest way to transfer to a home computer
> 		appletalk would be the best option for its automation
> 		are there any appletalk (AFS) clients for windoze?
> 			will need to operate with a pc occasionally
> 	swappable (not necessarily hotswap) power supply
> 		might have to hack one

Might also want to look at wireless ethernet along the lines of AirPort or
WaveLAN (they're the same tech, AirPort is just apple-branded and the base
looks cool as hell) Could potentially be cool with a Wake-On-LAN, so you
can log into the car and squirt more tunes at it.

See also my post to the social list regarding using a Palm device as a
control unit.

-Ian

--
<cosmo> wow, this is kinda nifty. the win98 protocol stack is
like a chinese finger puzzle, twist and turn in the right places,