[techtalk] xfree 4.0 hogging cpu

Ji Lee g at yodlee.com
Mon Mar 27 21:01:52 EST 2000

Hi all,
I am running into a weird problem where X4.0 all of sudden
takes up 30~40% of cpu constantly. I am suspecting Xscreensaver or something
in DPMS code of x4.0, but I am not so sure. I was wondering if anyone else
has ran into the same problem.
I have pretty much out-of-box rh6.1 with 4.0 compiled from src
and some extra packages from gnome-helix code (including Xscreensaver).
video card is Matrox G200.

If anyone else ran into the same problem, please let me know.
It really doesn't slowdown my workstation, but seti at home project is
losing 30% of my cpu time ;)

-g