[techtalk] Linux Webcam

GeekGrrl geekgrrl at geekgrrl.org
Thu Mar 23 14:02:47 EST 2000

Okay, I answered my own question after a lot of web searching.

I found this site (http://www.wiersma.org/webcamii.html) and learned about
vidcat. With vidcat and stamp, I was able to create a script that works
pretty well for what I want.

A few notes: for anyone else who wants to try this, the cpia module does
not create /dev/video#. I had to create this myself, and it is necessary,
at least for my solution.

Since the only how-to for Linux webcams is for the Connectix webcam no
longer available, I will try to write up all my steps and post it on my
sight. I think what I have done should work for any cpia webcam.