[techtalk] Bunch of odd messages

Robert Kiesling kiesling at mainmatter.com
Sun Mar 26 14:24:07 EST 2000

"Caitlyn M. Martin" <caitlyn at netferrets.net> wrote:

> IMHO, pointing out that something still has problems and isn't quite
> polished yet doesn't qualify as "gratuitous flaming".

I first tried Gnome when Red Hat announced they were using it as the X
desktop in their distribution and supporting the development of Gnome.
I thought they were premature, like everybody else.  It's been quite
some time.  Has it improved?  Is there an objective case study
somewhere?  I'm not terribly partisan about X desktops, and in fact I
prefer Lesstif.  But it's not convenient for me to change desktops
right now (KDE is what I'm using).

Bob