*cry*

Jeff phaedrus at thereactor.cleptoscastle.com
Sat Mar 18 13:13:59 EST 2000

On Sat, Mar 18, 2000 at 11:00:58AM -0800, Jeff wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 17, 2000 at 11:19:18PM -0800, Lighthouse Keeper in the Desert Sun wrote:
>
> That is truly strange.  I'm really temped to blame this on
> bad/incompatible hardware, yes, it does exist, unfortunately, but I'm
> not going to say that absolutely.  Try running some other programs, see
> what kind of errors you get (random Segmentation Faults and Bus Errors
> mean that you've got some really nasty hardware incompatibilities or
> broken hardware, and yes, I've seen computers that do this, they BSOD
> with NT many many times a day, and while linux won't kernel panic, you
> can't use any of the programs.  This is usually from cheap motherboards,
> and no, I didn't buy them).

Ack!  That cheap mobo comment wasn't directed at you, Lighthouse Keeper,
that was the quality of the i586 mobos I had to deal with... The 486
might use a wierd chipset, or just be getting worn out (sometimes that
happens, but not often).  My apologies.

--
Jeff

My Public Key -- http://24.5.73.229/pubkey.txt