[techtalk] everybuddy/icq trouble

Lighthouse Keeper in the Desert Sun ccovingt at one-eyed-alien.net
Mon Mar 6 12:00:02 EST 2000

On Mar 6, Laurel Fan conjectured:

> Excerpts from linuxchix: 6-Mar-100 Re: [techtalk] everybuddy/i.. by
> Lighthouse t. D. Sun at one
> > A ls of that directory gives me uin.dat and uin.idx.  'more'ing them gives
> > me garble.  If it's possible to import the file, that might work, but I
> > haven't seen a way to do that yet.  I can look more, though.
>
> I have everybuddy from CVS from about a week ago, and there's
> File > Import > ICQ99 Contact List
>
> It might be in the 0.1.1 release, otherwise it's in CVS.

I tried that.  It sat there and froze up.  I tried putting the idx file in
~, and that didn't help either.  My ICQ version is not ICQ99. so I don't
know if this is a version compatibility problem, a bug, or something else.
Yeah, I could boot up windows, write down the numbers, and move on, but
I'd rather not.

Conni

--
We are the Burgh.  Youns need assimilated.
			-John Moseman

http://www2.one-eyed-alien.net/~ccovingt

http://www.angelfire.com/anime/Galadriel