[techtalk] fstab query.

Lighthouse Keeper in the Desert Sun ccovingt at one-eyed-alien.net
Mon Mar 6 11:02:42 EST 2000

/dev/hda3               /                       ext2    defaults       1 1
/dev/hda2               swap                    swap    defaults       0 0
/dev/hda1		/mnt/dosc		msdos	defaults      0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto    sync,user,noauto,
unhide   0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              iso9660 noauto,ro     0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults       0 0
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  mode=0622      0 0

So this is my fstab.  I want it to automount my win98 partition and have
my floppy drive read all formats.  However, in /mnt/dosc, when i ls, I get
the truncated names.  I tried having it mount it vfat, but it didn't give
any of the filenames that were longer.  (program files becomes progr~1 in
msdos and nonexistent in vfat)
also, it dislikes line 4 at boot.  (that's the line about /dev/fd0.)  I
have it as one line, but it goes beyond the edge of the screen.  It
doesn't *say* what's wrong with line 4 of fstab, either.  :P

So what have I done wrong?  How do I fix it?  (I read man mount and man
fstab.  Man, that stuff is in need of being less confusing.)

Conni

--
So they linked their hands and danced 'round in circles and in rows.
			-Loreena McKennitt

http://www2.one-eyed-alien.net/~ccovingt

http://www.angelfire.com/anime/Galadriel