[techtalk] mass useradd

Aaron Malone aaron at mancala.semo.net
Mon Jun 26 16:37:58 EST 2000

On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 04:35:37PM -0500, Aaron Malone wrote:

> As a matter of fact, there's a program that does exactly what you're
> looking for: chpasswd(8).  It takes a file of format:

Except my sleep-addled brain just realized you wanted *add* a bunch of
users, not change their passwords.  Sorry.  Well, maybe someone else
needs to know how to do this.

If anyone is still interested, I can post a python script that will
add multiple users -- just let me know.

--
Aaron Malone (aaron at semo.net)
System Administrator                  "Of course I'm crazy, but that