[techtalk] Can I change my mind now??

Stewart Larsen slarsen at mpinet.net
Thu Jun 22 08:17:53 EST 2000

The file you're looking for is /etc/inittab.  There is a line about halfway
down the file that controls the startup run level.  On a Mandrake system,
set this to 3 to boot into the command line.  It should currently be a 5 if
you boot into X.

    to start X later, type startx at the command line.   pretty sure you
have to do that as root, though I may be wrong.

Stewart