[techtalk] Learning more about Linux ...

Robert Wade feline at brokersys.com
Mon Jun 19 14:34:40 EST 2000

most of the boot up files are in /etc/rc.d, just look around there and
look at what it does

on resources:
I'd really reccommend you get a book such as Running Linux (O`Reilly),
this particular one has helped me immensely, and it just plain rules. A
tip, don't get a book such as 'Linux for Dummies' or 'Learn Linux in 24
hours,' don't be enticed by the low price or the cdrom, both of those
books really suck, and taught me the wrong way to do everything.