[techtalk] mass useradd

Stephanie Alarcon beleza at bci-bluestone.com
Thu Jun 15 13:11:25 EST 2000

i had a line in a script that went like

        echo "passwd for $pos: `/usr/bin/mkpasswd -l 8 -d 2 -c 2 -C 2
$pos`" >>
$PASSWORDLIST

you could put that in a for loop and have mkpasswd create and set the
password at the same time, then spit the password out into a file so you
know what mkapsswd decided on for each user.  i'm not looking at this real
carefully so write back personally if you need more context or
clarity.  if you already have the passwords that you need to use, i think
that would be a job for expect, which i don't know.  sowwy.