[techtalk] A friend's question

Jenn V. jenn at simegen.com
Tue Jun 13 05:11:26 EST 2000

I've been asked to ask the list a set of questions I couldn't answer.

> I've become overwhelmed by a crushing desire to install Linux on my
> Powerbook G3. Which distribution would you suggest? Do they all offer
> dual-boot with MacOS - and can I repartition my drive without totally wiping
> it?

She wants an 'I just want to use it' distro - she's interested in
Linux but not interested in the guts. (Yet. Muahahahaa!)

The reason I couldn't answer it is the MacOS part. I did refer her
to the laptops FAQ (which mentions the Powerbooks), but couldn't
find any appropriate HOWTOs. :/

Advice, please?

Jenn V.
--
  "We're repairing the coolant loop of a nuclear fusion reactor.
   This is women's work!"

Jenn Vesperman    jenn at simegen.com     http://www.simegen.com/~jenn