[techtalk] friendly html/php editor on linux?

Erb, Maria merb at keene.edu
Tue Jun 6 10:35:31 EST 2000

hi all,

great list!  I'm new but this is the best list I've ever been on.  Here's a
question:  I like to code in Allaire's HomeSite b/c of all the nice color
coded tags (it recognizes php, perl, javascript and other stuff) and other
ease-of-use features.  But my development platform is php/apache/mysql.
Does anyone know of a similar type editor for linux?  I currently use vi
with about 5 X-Term windows open at a time.  There is some type of "advanced
editor" on the KDE desktop which reads C, Java, and C++, but not PHP.  Is
EMACS the only way?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  thanks!

Maria

Maria B. Erb
Web Developer
Keene State College