[techtalk] core file

steph steph at patnsteph.net
Sun Jun 4 19:07:02 EST 2000

Magni Onsoien:
=
= Unless you use *core* or something like thati (i.e. with wildchars), that
= shouldn't happen. find (well, at least GNU find) will look for a file or a
= directory with the exact name 'core'.
= (Sorry if I misunderstood you and that what you mean is that the complete
= name of the db was just 'core'. then it will of course match.)
=

No, probably it was *core* or some stupid weird propietary find.
You're right that the original command would only do 'core'.

= matches files) or a symbolic link ( not -type l) pointing to fex
= /dev/null (I have seen both. The latter is actually quite smart, nice

Yeah, you don't want to accidentally delete /dev/null ...

steph