[techtalk] Servlets vs. PHP

Becky L. Norum bnorum at coe.neu.edu
Fri Jul 21 15:29:53 EST 2000

I'm implementing a database and web interface using Oracle and, at the
moment, Java servlets/JPS with the JWS.  We're probably going to be
switching web servers to Apache in the near future (free!).  I wonder if
someone can point me to a reference comparing PHP to JSP/servlets, or has
a personal preference s/he would like to share.  I'm trying to get a
handle on the strengths and limitations of each.

I know we do have the author of _PHP Essentials_ on this list, which I've
just purchased and find very well-written and easy to understand, btw.  =)

TIA,

Becky
bnorum at coe.neu.edu