[techtalk] Sendmail woes

Conor Daly conor.daly at oceanfree.net
Thu Jul 20 23:23:39 EST 2000

On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 05:30:26PM -0700 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
 Jeff Frasca thought...

> On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Lilly S. wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was wondering if someone can help me. I have over 50 emails in queue
> > (from from last week), and none of them are budging. i was trying to tweak
> > sendmail, and I think I broke it. I got it to run finally last week, but I
>
> Tweaked Sendmail?  Does that mean messing with the config file?
> *shudders at the thought*

Nice sendmail setup proggie available at www.linux.ie/downloads/index.html
called Install_sendmail

Written by Donncha O'Caoimh, it allows you to set up stuff like
spoofing from your internal network to your external email addresses, Download
mail from POP servers and redirect it to the network users, set up queuing for
those of us who *still* have only dial-up internet access.  Oohh lots of
things!...

All in perl (I think) so those fortunate enough to understand perl can have a
read and try to figure out how it works!

Domestic Sysadmin :-)