[techtalk] A Postscript question

Dan Nguyen nguyend7 at cse.msu.edu
Thu Jul 13 14:53:55 EST 2000

On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 02:19:34PM -0400, Amanda Owens wrote:
> I have a photo that started out as a jpg or gif or something, but has been
> turned (via gimp or xv) into a .ps file. What my boss wants me to do is
> now edit that postscript file, and insert some lines and text. Is it
> possible? If so, how?

I'm sure it's possible to do it the way you described, but it's not
the easiest way.  Using \LaTeX{} (usually spelled LaTeX), it would be
possible to create another PostScript file with the text and embed the
image into that.

--
     Dan Nguyen     |  It is with true love as it is with ghosts;
  nguyend7 at msu.edu  |  everyone talks of it, but few have seen it.