[techtalk] have you seen this program?

Nicole Zimmerman colby at wsu.edu
Sun Jan 30 16:14:19 EST 2000

> Well, not having an rpm based system, I don't really want to find rpms.
> Is this site useful otherwise?

I have used quite a few rpms converted to debs with alien, it works
quite nicely... they get entered into the dpkg database as normal debs
would and I have had few problems with the handful I've installed.

As long as they are not rpms built exclusively for the way redhat
organizes their software (which is sometimes quite different than the
way debian does), I don't see the problem in using 'alien
whatever-package.rpm'.

-Nicole