[techtalk] Computer clock way slow

J B griffin2020 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 26 19:03:29 EST 2000

Internal clocks work by counting the cycles in electricity.  If you look in
the BIOS, there may be a setting for "clock cycles" or something similar.
Make sure that it is set to the proper cycle speed for your area (Anybody
remeber who uses what cycles?)  Off the top of my head, I cannot
remember....

Hi!

As I said, my computer clock is way slow. Whenever I set it, it only
takes a few days for it to get a few hours behind again. Do I just need
to change the battery? My computer is only 10 months old - could it be
that something else is amiss (the clock chip)?

I only have Linux on my box, so the clock is set to GMT.

Thanks for your advice in advance!

Britta
--
   \ /   ASCII Ribbon Campaign