[techtalk] Newbie question

Brian Engle bengle at fti-net.com
Mon Jan 24 17:57:39 EST 2000

it's alittle simpler than that, you just need to have your isp's nameserver
set in /etc/resolv.conf
for example my isp gave me info when i signed up that listed the ip
addresses of the mail, news, primary and secondary nameservers, so I just go
into /etc/resolv.conf and enter the following:

nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
nameserver yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy

where x and y are the ip addresses of the primary and secondary name
servers...
I don't know, maybe there's more to it than that, if so, someone else might
have a better idea

Brian