[techtalk] OpenSSH

Subba Rao subb3 at attglobal.net
Thu Jan 20 13:10:48 EST 2000

On  0, Courtney M Eckhardt <cme at MIT.EDU> wrote:
> I don't know where this is set, but sometimes the machine will not
> accept remote logins as root.  You probably already realize this and
> have this feature turned off if you're trying this, but I thought I'd
> mention it just in case...

I can login as root. It is defined in the /usr/local/etc/sshd_config file.
The problem is which key should be used on the SSH client. If I use the
private key (identity) I can login fine. However, I am under the understanding
that the private key is left on the system and use the public key to access the
system from anywhere.

Subba Rao
subb3 at attglobal.net
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com