[techtalk] Screen colours :-)

Wendt,Andrew awendt at neo.rr.com
Fri Jan 14 02:13:38 EST 2000

[...]
>6. Get a color scheme that works for you, and stick with it. I like
>black text on a light yellowy background for major reading of computer
>text, purply or blue-green title bars, matching widgets, light yellowish
>text in the titlebars, menubars in a grey or purply shade with text in a
[...]

Eek. I cannot understand why people have black letters on a light background
for viewing text...

Most GUIs will default to such a colour scheme, but I always thought that was
to make newbies more comfortable because it looks more like what people are
used to with paper.

It seems to me if you want the text to stand out and not the background, you
would do the opposite... Text on a printed page is easy to read, but then
again paper doesn't glow at you.

What do you people prefer as colours for extended viewing of text? :-)