[techtalk] thanks

Esther Lumsdon esther at pagesz.net
Wed Jan 12 19:13:09 EST 2000

I bought a great t-shirt from the local Society for Technical
Communication chapter which says "Read the Flying Manual" on
the back, and has a cute cartoon of a bird reading the manual
for flying.

STC is a professional society for technical writers.  I'm not
one, but I thought their t-shirt was an excellent example of
technical writing.

Useful info:
A very handy ftp site is  ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/
a usenet-by-hierarchy archive site is
    ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-hierarchy/

- Esther Lumsdon

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, K Kirby wrote:

> I'm happy to say, that phrase
> would never have occured to me.
> Thank you for all your responses.
> Kakirby

--  Esther   esther at pagesz.net    Speaking only for myself.
Tomorrow, we shall be older,  ...but shall we be wiser?  -- Joan Walsh Anglund