[techtalk] POP mail security

Laurel Fan lf25+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Jan 8 05:10:28 EST 2000

Excerpts from linuxchix: 8-Jan-100 Re: [techtalk] POP mail sec.. by
"Jenn V."@simegen.com
> if I know I'm planning to search a man page I pipe
> it through less. I can save myself a step now. :)

If you prefer less, you can set the environment variable PAGER to less.
It can be set to anything, but stuff that's not an actual pager is not
really good for anything except "look what I can do" value. (For
example, if one were to set PAGER to "sed -e s/GNU/foo/ | more" on a
system that uses GNU cat, the manpage would talk about the foo version
of cat.  The sed command substitutes foo for GNU.)