[techtalk] TNT/TNT2 drivers / X server

Beverly Guillermo mezanin at home.com
Thu Jan 6 03:29:15 EST 2000

Well, the latest development version of XFree86, I believe 3.9.17, has
updated additions to the drivers for TNT/TNT2.  Here's what I read about
it.

----
Changes in 3.9.17 include (note the addition of new 3dfx
and nVidia driver code):

    The 3dfx driver is now supported by the DRI.
    Tiny-X for the Itsy has been added.
    Significant font and font server enhancements.
    New driver for ATI Rage 128. The driver is called "r128".
    Xterm enhancements and fixes.
    DPS support hooks have been added.
    DRI enhancements including Mesa update to version 3.2,
       full support and fifo code for 3dfx hardware, and device
       driver updates for Linux 2.3 kernels.
    Add Riva TNT2 M64 support to nv_driver.
    Significant enhancements to Xv.
    Add initial VESA VBE support including initialization and DDC.
    Several PCI enhancements.
    "SilkenMouse" enhancement for smoother mouse movement.
    Add GeForce/Quadro support to the NVIDIA driver.
    Int10 support for Linux.
    Resource allocation infrastructure added.

----

What version of Xfree are you using?  3.3.5?  Or a development snapshot?

Here's a link to the notes about this snapshot:

ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/snapshots/3.9.17/RELNOTES

Beverly