[techtalk] Installing Multiple Versions of Libraries

GJS g_jay_s at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 5 11:57:35 EST 2000

I hope this doesn't get posted twice, but the first message
seems to have disappeared into a black hole.

I know it's possible to have more than one version of a library
installed, but I'm still unclear about how to do it. (I'm
talking about using RPMS, not tarballs).

Is there a certain technique to it, or do I simple ignore the
"if you install this you might make your system unstable"
message and load it up? Also, do I need to link the specific
library to the app that needs it or will that app find the
library itself?

=====
Glen Strom
g_jay_s at yahoo.com