[techtalk] need database recomendations

Michelle Leonard michelle_leonard at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 08:19:14 EST 2000

Working on my first resolution - to get a "real"
database system running.  Our existing database to
date consists of bunches of flatfiles and directory
filesystems.  Access is through perl scripts/html
pages.  I would like to get a more formal database
system going (and moved from the old SUN box to new
linux box) as our volume will soon overrun what we
have now.  So I'm looking for suggestions as to
everyones favorite database and access
programs/protocols etc.  Any pros/cons appreciated.

TIA!
Michelle

http://messenger.yahoo.com