[techtalk] printing images

Raven Brooke rbrooke at maine.rr.com
Tue Feb 29 22:11:02 EST 2000

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Robert Kiesling wrote:

 I checked the ghostscript docs, where enscript was recommended. So, I
went to rpmfind and got enscript, installed the rpm, and tried to tell
linux to use it as a filter - both by editing the printcap file and by
means of the graphic printtool. Printer wouldn't work at all. Is there
perhaps some better way to get the filter and printer to shake hands?

rav3n

> Apologies, I caught up with this thread late... if you look
> in the doc subdirectry of a recent ghostscript distribtution,
> it has instructions for using ghostscript as a Postscript
> print filter... or if necessary I could describe the process.
> (Haven't done it recently.)
>
> Bob
>
> --

> techtalk at linuxchix.org   http://www.linuxchix.org

Raven Brooke

  9:01pm  up 22:53,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.05