[techtalk] I'm stuck :( ... Corel/Laptop/PCMIA

Mandi mandi at www3.llamacom.com
Mon Feb 28 14:01:53 EST 2000

There was some docs posted somewhere on dell laptops with linux, last
spring/summer, though i can't put my finger on them now...damn....

I think you can change the com of the modem in the bios...there was
something about the inspirons at 808hi.com, but i'm not sure how different
lattitudes are.  The docs at 808hi are for NT, which has a similar issue
with the modems dell puts in those laptops.  You need the base address and
the com you want.

egroups.com had a group for linux on dell laptops, too...

--mandi