[techtalk] Missing "taskbar" in KDE??

Storm stormbringr at geocities.com
Fri Feb 25 15:28:40 EST 2000

Hi All!

I partitioned my HD using Partition Magic, and it goofed up my linux
partition,... I managed to get it up and running,.. by re-inserting the
Linux install disk and "upgrading".  I have a new problem now though.  When
I login into the KDE, I get desktop icons, but no "taskbar" (I don't know
the name of it in the KDE, that's it's name in windoze) I looked all over
for it, it's not "minimized" to the side(like you can do to get it out of
the way),.... , and it's not off the screen because of screen resolution.
it was no where,.... now I don't really know much about Linux yet,
and I haven't figured out how to navigate very well yet without the help of
that menu system,.... where did it go?? :) Please tell me it's an easy thing
to get it back?? I tried refreshing the screen, rebooting,..  Please help.
And I promise to start learning more about Linux so I can live without the
bar.  :)

Thank You all in advance.
Storm