[techtalk] A good intro textbook for Linux

aprilk aprilk at linuxstart.com
Wed Feb 23 18:30:08 EST 2000

Laurel Fan <lf25+ at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>Excerpts from linuxchix: 23-Feb-100 Re: [techtalk] A good intro.. by
>aprilk at linuxstart.com
>> Ok for a network intro, you might try the Network Administrator's guide.
>
>Hm, I also found that useful, but that was quite a while ago, and it
>looks like the NAG at the LDP hasn't been updated since then (1996!).
>That makes it a bit less useful now, since it doesn't include stuff
>like, oh, kernels > 2.0.  Is the paper version more up to date?
>
>************
>techtalk at linuxchix.org   http://www.linuxchix.org

I doubt it, I think it is supposed to be replaced by another
book or something, but I don't see anything else with a decent
intro to Networking like in the NAG. Have you looked at the book
by O'Reilly called 'Practical UNIX & Internet Security'? It covers
security and has intro to network stuff as well.

April

------
ICQ#: 6569484
AIM: Sisblundr