[techtalk] Mandrake NFS install

Phil V Savoie Phil.Savoie at learnix.ca
Tue Feb 22 12:50:55 EST 2000

Hi,

Off the CD in the images dir you could rawrite the network.img to floppy
and do it that way -- real easy just follow the prompts or go to :

ftp://ftp.linux.tucows.com/pub/distributions/Mandrake/Mandrake/7.0/images/

and reteive it that way.

hth,

Phil

At 16:21 22/02/00 +0000, you wrote:
>Ok...a friend is doing her first install on a Pentium Pro 200.  She had a
>CD of Mandrake 6.5, but the burn was not good, so she FTP'd 7.0.
>
>Any suggestions as to how to do the NFS install (this is on a big, fast
>network (fiber backbone, 3Com NIC), so bandwidth will not be a
>problem....Just need to know how to get the machine to look to the drive
>where the images are stored, and what exactly to load first.  This machine
>has a 2GB drive, and the entire fileset that she downloaded is 1.6Gb...so
>she cannot copy it across form a DOS networdk bootdisk, unless there are
>particular files that she will need....Any help is appreciated...
>
>Thanks in advance.
>~JB
>

>************
>techtalk at linuxchix.org   http://www.linuxchix.org

Phil V Savoie
Sun Certified Sys Admin/Instructor

Phil.Savoie at learnix.com

Learnix Ltd, a division of TMI
2650 Queensview Drive
Suite 160, Ottawa, Ontario
K2B 8H6

Tel: (613) 828-5007 ext. 4314 (Voice Mail Only)
Fax: (613) 721-0599

http://www.learnix.com

Remember!  After we pull the pin, Mr. Grenade is *not* our friend.