[techtalk] A good intro textbook for Linux

Kathryn A. Rauss kar99002 at uconnvm.uconn.edu
Mon Feb 21 22:03:21 EST 2000

I realize that this may expose me as a complete idiot (comparatively
speaking) when it comes to Linux...but I managed to install RH 6.0 as a
dual-boot custom install with absolutely no prior knowledge of linux
filesystems, paritioning, etc. (and rather limited general computer skills)
using  the  Visual Quickpro Guide to Red Hat Linux, by Harold Davis.   It
comes with a copy of RH 6.0...it cost me a grand total of $29.99 at my
university Co-op.
I recently bought <diving into foxhole> Red Hat Linux for Dummies, by Jon
Hall and Paul Sery.  It comes with RH 6.1 and is extremely easy to
understand, covers a LOT of information and cost me $24.99 at Barnes and
Noble.

Katie