[techtalk] Epson Stylus Color 300

aprilk aprilk at linuxstart.com
Mon Feb 21 05:13:26 EST 2000

Caitlyn M. Martin <caitlyn at netferrets.net> wrote:
>Hi, everyone,
>
>Has anyone managed to get a 300 to work under Linux/GhostScript?  My
>understanding is that it isn't supported.  My roommate is finally talking
>about migrating from Windows to Linux, but unfortunately he has one of these
>printers.
>
>Oh, and I know most every other Epson Stylus works well, including my Epson
>Stylus Color 600.  Unfortunately, what works for it doesn't work for the
>300.
>
>Any suggestions?  Sources for working drivers?
>
>TIA,
>Caity
>

>************
>techtalk at linuxchix.org   http://www.linuxchix.org

Ok, I did a little research and discovered that the stcany.? is
supposed to help, but text isn't good. It seems that the printer
itself doesn't use the full printing language and that causes problems.
For more help go to http://www.deja.com/home_ps.shtml and search there.
It will come up with quite a bit.

April

------